[mythtv-users] Myth is automatically cancelling recordings?

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 23 15:41:00 UTC 2006

>I upgraded to 0.19 a few months ago an, since then,
>I've noticed that my recorded shows are not being
>recorded at the rate that they once were.
>
>At first I thought "It's just that I've watched all
>the episodes so there's nothing new left to record",
>however, after looking into it that doesn't seem to be
>the case.
>
>For example, I record the Daily Show with John
>Stewart.  It has a new episode at 10 (or 10:30 or
>something)pm Monday through Friday.  I've set Myth to
>record "At any time on this channel" I believe.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (Jon, not John, and also
there are no new episodes on Fridays) often goes on
break for a week or more, during which time they show
repeats. Could it be that 0.19 is smarter (or perhaps
dumber) than 0.18 in that regard, and is not recording
repeats?

>When I look in the Schedule Priorities screen, sorry I
>don't know the exact title because I don't have it in
>front of me, I can see "The Daily Show" but it has a
>"C" in the left column which I think means "Confict"
>however there's only one listing for "The daily show"
>so I'm thinking that maybe the "C" means "Cancelled".

According to the documentation, a "C" in the upcoming
recordings screen means there is a conflict with another
scheduled recording at the same time. You should be able
to pull up a list of the conflicting shows.