[mythtv-users] Suggested Firewire cards for backend server?

Jeff Coffler jeff-list-mythusers at taltos.com
Fri Jun 23 03:10:33 UTC 2006

Michael Lynch said:
>Haven't checked into linux compatibility, but if you check out
>www.hcditrading.com and search for 1394 they have some dell's and
>other machines that they part out and sell for cheap.

This isn't really useful ...

I can get firewire cards.  Lots are available.  I'm after firewire cards
that folks are using that work well on Linux and MythTV.  I'd rather not
pick something up and spend lots of time just to find out that it either
doesn't work well or doesn't work at all ...

So, what firewire cards are folks using?  If you have good experience with
your firewire card, and it can currently be purchased, please speak up!

    Thanks,

    -- Jeff