[mythtv-users] Scheduling dilemma

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Jun 23 01:33:29 UTC 2006

Greg Stark wrote:
> Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> writes:
>

>> In addition to the suggestion for enabling Reschedule higher priority
>> items, you can always go into the frontend and set overrides for each
>> showing to ensure that it records the showings you want.  Just do this
>> once every two weeks while the cup is running and you can fix your
>> schedule the way you want.
>>

> I assume that's a joke. By my calculation there are 111 games in the World
> Cup. I'm not about to start scheduling recording all of them by hand. That
> would defeat the whole purpose of mythtv.

I didn't say by hand, but if there were certain situations like the one
you mention where a particular recording you know you wanted was going
to get bumped by the scheduler, you could override that  behavior before
the fact to get the results you want.  I think the "Reschedule higher
priority" option will do what you want but you could also achieve this
effect I believe by making the world cup your highest priority recording
so that it doesn't lose out to other programs.

Also, I think if you unselect "check for duplicates" in the recording
schedule for the world cup, it will record any and all showings
regardless of whether it was already seen which could help with your
scheduling as it would never opt not to record a world cup showing
because it was already recorded but depending on your # of tuners, you
might get too many conflicts from repeat showings.

Kevin