[mythtv-users] Flushing database entries

Nathan Smith nsmith5 at umbc.edu
Thu Jun 22 18:56:34 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I've been running myth for a little while now, and have had to control-c
the frontend a few times (a couple of those times were when it was
recording.) As a result, I think that some files that myth thinks exist
don't, and maybe vice-versa as well.. and as a consequence I think this is
crashing myth (it seems to crash every 5-10 minutes that I have it running
now, even with a recompile.)

I'd like to flush the database so that it may fix the problem.. so what's
the best way to do this? Should I just delete the record information from
the database in mysql (or will that cause more problems?), or should I
reinstall the myth-database package (I'm using ubuntu)? Thanks

Nate