[mythtv-users] HD3000 No Signal

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 13:02:45 UTC 2006

On 6/21/06, Frank Armstrong <farmstrong at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay...well i tried what you said and it didn't work...so this is what my
> setup looks like   you tell me if you see something out of wack...
>
> CAPTURE CARD SETUP:
> card type: pc HDTV DTV  capture card(w/V4L drivers)
> video device /dev/video0
> default input: television

The lines immediately above show what the problem is.  V4L drivers and
/dev/video0 mean that the pcHDTV card is being configured for NTSC
(analog) channels.  I recommend that ALL of the capture cards be
deleted and redefined.

It's easy to make the V4L choice for the pcHDTV card, I've done it
myself.  And as you have seen, the card doesn't get any ATSC stations.
 When you configure the pcHDTV HD-3000 card, choose the DVB drivers.
Take the time to cycle through the choices and read the MythTV
description that appears in the middle of the screen.  It should show
something about the pcHDTV card specifically (I think).  Instead of
/dev/video0, you should see just the single digit, 0.

[Just a bit of personal experience here:  I was so discouraged in
November 2004 when I couldn't get my first pcHDTV card to work, I quit
working on MythTV until January 2005.  Since then, I have built six
systems, still making mistakes, but learning from each failure and
subsequent success.]

The PVR-150 should be /dev/video0.  That's why I recommend that ALL
the capture cards be deleted.  I have chosen one of the other lines
that says "Remove..." or whatever, but the one that says to get rid of
ALL the cards seemed to work for me.  (It's not uncommon when starting
out building MythTV systems, to delete all the capture cards more than
a few times, until they are all defined correctly.)

Have another go at it, it should all work, eventually.

--
MM