[mythtv-users] MythWeb Weather errors

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 02:52:50 UTC 2006

On 6/21/06, moogie <okcancel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to look at MythWeb Weather.
> So I clicked on the icon in MythWeb and I see this:
>
> Error at
> /var/www/html/mythweb/modules/weather/handler.php,
> line 209:
> file(http://w3.weather.com/maps/local/local/us_close_sfo_ultra_sfo/1b/index_large.html)
> [function.file]: failed to open stream: Connection
> timed out
>
> What happened?
> Out of the blue I get this.
> I have not changed anything in the past month.
> MythWeb Weather was working just fine a days ago.
> I did a couple of reboots and it did not help.
>
> I have a similar Myth setup on 2nd PC
> (identical Weather setup) and it is running fine.

The problem is right there. "failed to open stream: Connection timed
out". MythWeb (On that machine) cannot access the URL
http://w3.weather.com/maps/local/local/us_close_sfo_ultra_sfo/1b/index_large.html,
which it needs to do to grab the doppler radar maps.

I'd suggest checking the network connection (And try using ping,
traceroute, and Lynx or wget over SSH to get to that webpage). Chances
are, however, that something's wrong upstream from your machine.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston