[mythtv-users] Washed-out areas in video output

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jun 21 21:46:48 UTC 2006

On Jun 21, 2006, at 3:42 PM, Brian Wood wrote:

>> Right I did mess with the brightness, but kind of like the contrast
>> controls, it just made the washed-out whites a little less white, but
>> still washed-out.. I was thinking I may be using the wrong color-set
>> somewhere, but mass searches of google and helps didn't offer any
>> help on
>> that. Any other ideas?

One more idea.

If it's only Myth recordings that look bad your recording parameters
may be mis-set. These are different from the "watching" settings.

"F" gives you the playback settings and "G" gives you the record-time
settings. Try both of course.

Now that I think about it I'd guess this is your problem, your
luminance (brightness) is too high on the recordings.