[mythtv-users] HD3000 No Signal

Frank Armstrong farmstrong at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 16:27:00 UTC 2006

On 6/21/06, Mercury Morris <mercury.morris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/21/06, Frank Armstrong <farmstrong at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> > I can't seem to find and answer to this problem, I have a 2 tuner set
> up...a
> > pvr 150 and an HD3000.  When I do a channel scan with my HD3000 it sees
> all
> > the channels I get OTA. The card is set to activate on channel 28(ABC in
> my
> > area) but it tells me it doesn't have a signal.  Yet when I run the
> channel
> > scan it locks the signal and the signal strenght is 99%.  So i know
> there is
> > a signal there.  Anyone have a possible answer to what is wrong?
>
> I'll help.  Could you provide a few more details?  Such as: was ABC on
> channel 28 before the advent of HDTV?  Or is channel 28 the ATSC
> channel over which ABC is broadcasting their ATSC signal?

well i live in the Tampa area, so my local ABC station is channel 28
OTA...when i put up my antenna i had a clear HDTV picture plus the sub
stations of 28.1 and 28.2

 Also, the
> phrase, "The card is set to activate on channel 28....", isn't clear
> to me.  Could you elaborate or rephrase?

in MythTV setup I have channel 28 preset as the tv station the "tv" starts
on when i activate LiveTV on the myth menu.

You can't be too far from getting your HD3000 working, since you are
> seeing a lock indication.

that's what i think, i'm getting a lock when i scan and a real good signal
strenght, so i'm not sure why it's not displaying...