[mythtv-users] "show subtitles" shows in wrong recordings

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Wed Jun 21 13:16:14 UTC 2006

On 6/21/06, Ilja Jetsu <ilja.jetsu at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hey
> > >
> > > I have 2 muxes and other one has dvb-subtitles (YLE) and another one
> does
> > not.
> > > For some reason Live-tv works well, but in recordings, dvb subtitles
> do
> > not work.
> > > The show subtitles menu item does not appear. It seems to work when I
> > record
> > > from live-tv
>
> Could this have something to do with a problem which was found earlier:
> If recording starts a bit early, and the program before that didn't
> have subtitles, it won't record them?
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1912
> So it should be fixed in SVN/0.20 but not in 0.19
> Just wait, or try to compile the SVN-version.

Is that really so ?  I thought that MythTV would just store the whole DVB
transport stream including whatever streams where in. In that case the
problem would be caused when playing the streams.

Niels Dybdahl