[mythtv-users] Read the question before trying to answer it

Jeff jeff3140 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 11:44:13 UTC 2006

On 6/20/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/19/2006 11:46 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
>
> >Debabrata Banerjee <davatar at comcast.net> says:
> >
> >>If I suppose nothing to meet these requirements exist, this could be
> >>easily implemented in mythtv, actually it 'sort of' does it right
> >>now if you use multiple backends with storage. It just can't manage
> >>the storage and can't have more than one per server.
> >>

> >Correct; 0.20 is set to add multiple storage locations per backend and
> >will thus essentialy do what you are looking to achieve (wilingness to
> >accept the possibility of losing part, but not necessarily all,
> >recordings if a disk goes down).

Well, whenever it comes out, it will be nice. smart is telling me that
one of my volume set members is failing so now I have to go through
the exercise of adding a new disk to the volume set, migrating the
files off the dying drive and drop the disk from the volume set. This
is not terribly difficult although it does entail looking up the
proper commands, double checking everything to make sure I'm not
deleting the entire volume set, etc. This new feature would be even
nicer though as we could just tell mythtv to use a new disk and then
copy the files over. Probably there would be some kind of reindex
function to tell mythtv to rescan the drives to figure out where the
files are living.