[mythtv-users] Help! Auto-expiring programs

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 04:23:53 UTC 2006

I am running MythTV-0.19-fixes on Fedora Core 5.

MythTV seems to be auto-expiring programs that have a limit set on
them; and I don't know why.  I have explicity checked that auto-expire
is not set; and confirmed this within the mythconverg database.
However, it is still deleting the show.

Example:

2006-06-20 11:00:20.885 autoexpire: Expired program: Expiring "Star
Trek: Deep Space Nine" from Tue Jun 20 09:59:00 2006, too many
episodes.

Now, I set this show to record at "any time on any channel" and I set
"max episodes" to be 1; but "record new and expire old" is explicity
set to OFF and so is "auto-expire".

I just set up this recording schedule yesterday, and it's doing this
now... I don't understand what is going on.  Lots of free disk space
(80G).

Earlier, I had recording schedules set up from atrpms 0.19-127 and it
seemed to be okay.  But recently, I upgraded to FC5 (and
MythTV-0.19-129 from atrpms), created this new Deep Space 9 recording
schedule and then just today I recompiled my mythtv from the SVN
0.19-fixes branch (with --prefix=/usr) and it's still doing this.