[mythtv-users] Multiple Tuners (Firerwire, PVR-350), Same DCT6200 Scheduling Question

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 03:39:06 UTC 2006

On 6/20/06, Jeff Wormsley <daworm at comcast.net> wrote:

> Joel Turner wrote:
> > A search through the archives offers no solution for this situation. I
> > currently resolve these conflicts manually but would like to implement a
> > more automated solution.   In a perfect world, it would be great if
> > there was a way in Myth to allow multiple tuners to be tied to a primary
> > source for scheduling purposes. In the scenario above, I could either
> > address a conflict through priorities or as USA repeats the show,  the
> > scheduler would correctly identify a later version to capture. I was
> > wondering if there is an undocumented solution, planned for 0.20,  or if
> > this has been addressed in the svn version?
> >
> Hmm, would this be a similar situation for when you have say, a PVR-250
> and use both the tuner and the S-Video input?  IIRC, Myth knows both
> physically use the same card, and so it schedules things to avoid a
> conflict.  It should be possible (with code, anyway) to treat two
> separate sources as logically the same (as opposed to physically).  I
> have no idea how difficult it would be though, as C++ is not my forte'.
> I would be interested in a solution, as I too would like to set my
> system up the way you have so that I can at least capture down-res'ed
> versions of the digital channels I can't get via firewire without
> resorting to a second cable box.
>
> Jeff.

It's late but can't you just setup multple listings and then tie the
different inputs to  those listings and then make sure for instance that
your firewire input does not have the mlb channel in it's listings so they
won't even fight. I do something like this but I may be completely missing
your problem. If I am try to restate a different way.

Allan