[mythtv-users] Is there a distributed filesystem available?

Indulis Bernsteins indulis.b at au1.ibm.com
Tue Jun 20 04:40:45 UTC 2006

the definition of a filesystem is that it has one logical set of
information in it, so no there is no such file system that just loses some
of its data.  I dont understand why you wouldn't want to run
mirroring/RAID1.  Disks are pretty cheap now.

The only alternative is to have a change to the mythtv code where it puts
one file on one filesystem and the next recording in a file on another.
Personally, I don't really see a lot of advantage to this.  IMHO if you're
serious about availability, use RAID (software or hardware), if not then
just accept that when a disk dies you'll lose all the data in any LVM
volume group that has part of its data on that disk.

You know that LVM (2?) can do an online migrate from one (possible
failing) disk to another, right?

Indulis