[mythtv-users] Frontend segfault with 0.19 and imon LCD

Brian Meehan emt244671 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 20:55:05 UTC 2006

On 6/19/06, Andy Burns <fedora at adslpipe.co.uk> wrote:
> Brian Meehan wrote:
>
> > 2006-06-18 04:32:42.665 Connecting to lcd server: localhost:6545 (try 1 of 10)
> > Segmentation fault
>
> I too have an IMON VFD display and get the same crash (has happened with
> at least the last two ATRPMS updates for mythtv)
>
> I work around it by starting the frontend as follows
>
> $ killall mythlcdserver & mythtvfrontend

That works well, but does yours display anything on the LCD other than
LCDProc defaults?  What is interesting is if I shutdown mythfrontend
and just run mythlcdserver on its own, it runs fine. I can jump onto
Mythweb and setup and recording, which displays on the LCD in all of
its glory.

I guess I should just be patient in the meantime, maybe mythlcdserver
will work with LCDProc 0.5.0 in myth 0.20? (I'm guessing that's the
issue, but I don't know for sure).

Thanks for the reply, Andy.