[mythtv-users] Preset channel for external tuner not correct

John T. Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Mon Jun 19 11:57:15 UTC 2006

I have an external turner that I use from my cable company and send the
output of that tuner which is on channel 3 to the PVR-150 I have in my
mythtv 0.19-128 system running on Fedora 5.  "I have the preset channel
to" option set to "3" but when I go to watch live TV the channel on the
external tuner changes channels but I get snow on the TV.

I have gone and removed the external channel changing script and
manually set the channel on the PVR-150 card to channel 3 and then put
the channel changing script for my external tuner back in and I can view
the live tv after doing that.  The problem is that if I have a power
outage or need to reboot my myth box for any reason I must reset the
PVR-150 to channel three again before I can use my external tuner.

I have not seen any posts about this so I can only think that I much be
doing something wrong but I had this working fine on mythtv 0.18.X.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.