[mythtv-users] Mythbackend causing high load

Jeff jeff3140 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 09:52:49 UTC 2006

On 6/18/06, Mike Benoit <ipso at snappymail.ca> wrote:
> My best "guess" is it has more to do with IVTV then Myth, but thats just
> a pure guess based on the fact that I was getting all kinds of buffer
> overflows from IVTV, until I upgraded to v0.4.5 when they stopped (at
> least being logged).

I agree with you, I believe this is an IVTV issue even though
mythbackend shows up in top as the process getting all the cpu time.
If it was really in mythbackend, oprofile would not have showed all
the counts in the kernel. I believe I was using a pretty recent
version of ivtv, the FC4 version from atrpms stable (I don't think I
was using testing).