[mythtv-users] Strange X CPU usage for 720p input streams

Rick St. Pierre rick at rspacoustics.com
Mon Jun 19 02:54:27 UTC 2006

On 6/18/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> use nvidia-settings to see what your OpenGL and XVideo vsync settings
> are. They should be all be turned off. Also make sure the modeline
> your using has the proper refresh frequency, the new NVidia drivers
> have default HD modes that can be used,
>
> "1920x1080_60i" "1280x720_60"

Steve,

The vsync settings were correct.  I checked my Xorg log file
(logverbose 5) for the names of the EDID modes.  I actually had 3
1080i modes "1920x1080" "1920x1080_120i" and "1920x1080_120i_0"  All
said they were from EDID.  I have no idea why they are labeled 120i.
I tried all three with the same results.  I even double checked all
the 720p EDID modes as well (I had three of those too, but with the
correct refresh rate).

Any other suggestions would be helpful.  Maybe this is my computer's
way of saying I need to upgrade to something that can do HDTV without
XvMC. :)

Rick.
--
Rick St.Pierre