[mythtv-users] [Norton AntiSpam] Re: MythArchive: dvdauthor problems

tom roth rawdlite at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 18 20:16:23 UTC 2006

On 17/06/06, Daniel A. Segel <mythtv at archer-segel.com> wrote:

> > The detailsspumux-1.xml is OK nothing wrong there that I can see.
> >
> > details-1.mpg is the small details page that is shown just before the
> > video proper starts. Its only used by the GANT and MythCenter - Autoplay
>
> > themes. Its actually a small mpg created from a PNG image file
> > "details-1.png" is this png file created OK?  Do the other themes work
> > OK?. The main menu and the chapter menu are all created in the same way.
>

> I just checked for my most recent attempt, and while the details-1.png
> file looks fine the details-1.mpg file is 0 bytes. If I try to run
> dvdauthor manually and point it at the dvdauthor.xml file it just hangs.
>
> Daniel

Daniel,

Good, so i am not the only one with this problem :-)

Paul,

details-1.png is fine. Also the temp.mpg created by the  png2yuv commannd
looks fine.
it is :
spumux -m dvd -s 0
'/media/external_video-usb1/mythburn_temp/work/detailsspumux-1.xml' <
'/media/external_video-usb1/mythburn_temp/work/temp.mpg' >
'/media/external_video-usb1/mythburn_temp/work/details-1.mpg'

that creates the empty details-1.mpg.

i edited the detailsspumux to read only:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<subpictures><stream></stream></subpictures>

this time a working details-1.mpg is created. therefore i figured the
problem to be with the detailsspumux-1.xml.

This is with the G.A.N.T. theme

in MythCenter i get the dvdauthor error:

ERR:  Cannot jump to chapter 2 of title 1, only 1 exist
ERR:  in VTSM pgc 0, button 2

which seems to be an unrelated problem.

The Compact theme works.
Also the patched  Autoplay theme works . So i have two themes that work,
which is fine with me  for now.  But i can do more tests if you want me to.

 BTW, Paul did you notice my mail about the language issue on videometadata
?

tom