[mythtv-users] [Norton AntiSpam] Re: MythArchive: dvdauthor problems

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Jun 18 20:07:42 UTC 2006

Daniel A. Segel wrote:
> Paul Harrison wrote:
>
>> The detailsspumux-1.xml is OK nothing wrong there that I can see.
>>
>> details-1.mpg is the small details page that is shown just before the
>> video proper starts. Its only used by the GANT and MythCenter - Autoplay
>> themes. Its actually a small mpg created from a PNG image file
>> "details-1.png" is this png file created OK?  Do the other themes work
>> OK?. The main menu and the chapter menu are all created in the same way.
>>

> I just checked for my most recent attempt, and while the details-1.png
> file looks fine the details-1.mpg file is 0 bytes. If I try to run
> dvdauthor manually and point it at the dvdauthor.xml file it just hangs.
>
> Daniel

Try running the commands individually to see which part is failing.

png2yuv -n 125 -v0 -I p -f 25 -j '.../work/details-1.png' | mpeg2enc -b
5000 -a 3 -v 1 -f 8 -o '.../work/temp.m2v'

After this you should have a temp.m2v file.

mplex -f 8 -v 1 -o '.../work/temp.mpg' '.../work/temp.m2v
/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/music/silence.mp2'

After this you should have a temp.mpg file.

spumux -m dvd -s 0 '.../work/detailsspumux-1.xml' < '.../work/temp.mpg'
 > '.../work/details-1.mpg'

After this you should have the final details-1.mpg file

Replace ... with the proper path for your setup. Change -n 125 to -n 150
and -f 25 to -f 29.97 in the first command if you are using ntsc.

Paul H.