[mythtv-users] DMA Error - PVR 350

Brian Van Grunsven deepsnow at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 03:16:31 UTC 2006

I've got the pvr350 and am having the live tv "freeze up" or "black screen"
issue after about 2 to 3 minutes of watching tv.  Has anyone found a work
around for this?

I get the following output to my /var/log/messages:
May 25 19:46:45 localhost kernel: ivtv0 warning: ENC: (0) DMA Error
0x0000000b
May 25 19:47:57 localhost last message repeated 4 times
May 25 19:48:12 localhost kernel: ivtv0 warning: ENC: REG_DMAXFER 2 wait
failed
May 25 19:48:16 localhost kernel: ivtv0 warning: ENC: DMA still Pending
while stopping capture!

I've seen that downgrading to ivtv-0.6.1 as opposed to 0.6.2 might work.
However, I'm a bit of a newbie and have been having troubles compiling ivtv
0..6.1 as it seems to not have an expected directory structure.  At any
rate, is there a bit easier way to downgrade to 0.6.1 to test that?  Maybe
via yum?

Who else is getting this issue and what have you tried so far?  Just spent a
few days trying to fix this and am pretty much out of ideas right now - I'd
take anyt suggestion.

Thanks ahead of time!
-Brian