[mythtv-users] Remotely controlling Comcast "On Demand"

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Sat Jun 17 19:57:58 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Why?  The channel change script detects when the channel is an on-demand
> channel and simply causes an IR transmitter to send the appropriate
> start codes with the channel change.  Then, the on-demand starts playing
> and Myth records it.  From the point it's started, it's no longer
> on-demand--i.e. you don't pause it or fast-forward or rewind--it just
> plays.  Since Myth is recording it, you can pause/rewind/etc. in Myth.

Umm... how do you propose to select the video that you "demand"?  Or, if
you want Myth to do that, how do you propose to let Myth know what is
available "On Demand" and how to go about navigating the cable box's
menus to select it?

So far, the best suggestion I've seen is to manually record it.

Jeff.