[mythtv-users] Most-readable LCD display colors?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 17:14:08 UTC 2006

> That said, I can't tell from the pictures which of the available color
> combinations would be most visible from across a room. Let's assume
> that the backlight stays on all the time and that I'd want to look at
> it in the daytime as well as night. Thoughts?
>
> --
> Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> | +1 650 776 7763 | San Francisco CA US

Not an expert or anything, but I've got pretty excellent vision.  I
doubt I could easily see anything that would fit into a 5.25" bay from
>=8' away.  If you really needed to go that distance, you might be
better off going with an external LCD that scrolls large font letters
across something like a 4x16 screen.  Otherwise I'd probably suggest
going graphic even though the price isn't right.  My new Mantra is to
save up and buy what I actually need/want rather than get a cheap
"substitution" until I can find something better.  It's working out
quite well, at least with Myth so far ;)

-Chad