[mythtv-users] XvMC & Program Guide Hard Freeze

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 22:16:42 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm using SVN-10199 currently with an Nvidia 6200 AGP 8x.  The machine is a
Athlon XP 2400+ with 768mb ram running ubuntu/dapper.  The nvidia driver is
the latest in dapper, 8762.

Its very borderline for HD playback without XvMC, especially 1080i.  If I
enable XvMC, I can play back my recordings without any troubles.  It seems
that once I go into Live TV and enable the program guide, the machine will
hard freeze.  Can't be pinged, can't kill X, nothing.  Doesn't die near even
close to gracefully, since the backend still thinks its watching live tv.

Is there any way to enable xvmc only for particular channels, or maybe only
for watching recordings?  Or does anyone have some recommendations for
workarounds with this?

Thanks

Mario