[mythtv-users] Immir tv_grab_au again!

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 13:29:52 UTC 2006

> I'm only getting 116 bytes no matter which state I try to download.
> Are other experiencing this?

Now you mention it and I've just tried it - yeah :( Maybe it uses the
same source and is suffering the same problem. Odd thing is that I
still sem to have 7 days of what looks to be OK data. But maybe
tomorrow after my next grab I'll only have 6 etc...

> > You can do something similar to this to get the XML into the format
> > you need and then run mythfilldatabase. This basically substitutes in
> > the XMLTV IDs you need for your setup (all one line)
> >
> > wget http://www.jrobbo.com/xmltvfull/xmltvSydney.zip
> > --output-document=- | zcat | sed 's/SBS News/news\.sbs\.com\.au/g ;
> > s/Channel Seven Sydney/sydney\.seven\.com\.au/g ; s/Network TEN
> > Sydney/sydney\.ten\.com\.au/g ; s/SBS Sydney/sydney\.sbs\.com\.au/g ;
> > s/ABC2/abc2\.abc\.gov\.au/g ; s/Channel Nine
> > Sydney/sydney\.nine\.com\.au/g ; s/ABC NSW/nsw\.abc\.gov\.au/g' >
> > ~mythtv/.xmltv/tvlistings_dvbowners.xml
>
> Could you point out the correct reading material re: getting this to
> work if/when the data becomes available again?

There's no reading material - I just wrote this myself. What it's doing is:
1) download the zip file (using wget) and output to stdout
2) pipe through zcat to unzip it
3) pipe through sed to substitute the channel names in the downloaded
file with channel names that match my XMLTV IDs - eg  replace "Channel
Seven Sydney" with "sydney.seven.com.au" and so on.
4) Redirect the output to a file called tvlistings_dvbowners.xml

HTH,
Phill