[mythtv-users] Mythbackend causing high load

Jeff jeff3140 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 10:41:24 UTC 2006

On 6/15/06, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you, by any chance, have a slave to offload the transcode onto?  Try
> disabling transcode jobs on that backend, and see if it comes back.  Mine
> hasn't since then, even though it's a less than ideal fix.

For the most part I don't do transcoding. I do have a 'transcode for ipod'
job which seems to have gotten itself attached to every recording (it was
only supposed to be one show) but I don't think its working at the moment.

I do commercial flagging though at the end of each show.

I can try moving this to a slave backend.