[mythtv-users] Mythvideo performance

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Jun 16 05:30:51 UTC 2006

On 16-Jun-06, at 12:14 AM, Ryan Steffes wrote:

> Do you think your patch will overcome potential problems with cover
> file loading?  It's doing quite a bit of hard disk grinding in that
> 30 seconds before it loads, and when I turned off the option
> suggested to load meta data, it now loads instantly.

I didn't closely follow the earlier posts in this thread but doubt
there are problems with cover file loading or filesystems or anything
like that. By accident I found that much of the startup time is spent
Cutting that out gave me a 10x improvement.

If you're able to edit and build source go into mythplugins/mythvideo/
mythvideo/metadata.cpp and in Metadata::fillDataFromID comment out
the two fillXXX() calls. That's a rough version of my patch and
should get you the same instant loads even when you load metadata.

If you'd rather not then just wait for the next release which will
have the patch integrated.

- George