[mythtv-users] Channel frequencies messed up

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 03:29:44 UTC 2006

After much fretting and removing and searching for channels over and over, I
finally discovered and understand how the channels are being set to the
wrong channel.  Here's the offending section of my mythconverg:

| chanid | channum | callsign           | freqid |
+--------+---------+--------------------+--------+
|   1007 | 8       | WUVC               | 40     |
|   1001 | 2       | WLFL               | 22     |
|   1002 | 3       | WRAL               | 5      |
|   1011 | 12      | WRDC               | 28     |
|   1008 | 9       | WTVD               | 11     |
|   1005 | 6       | WNCN               | 17     |
|   1020 | 21      | WRPX               | 47     |
|   1018 | 19      | WRAY               | 30     |
|   1012 | 13      | WRAZ               | 50     |

What I don't get, is how this might have happened to prevent it in the
future.  I've got that channel set to DataDirect, and have the frequency
table set manually to US-cable.  When I had it set to default, I ended up
with a different set of wrong data.  Any ideas on how this could have gotten
messed up?  I forced a fix by setting freqid to the channel number for all
channels under 20, but I'm sure that's not idea.  I don't know what I could
have messed up to make this happen!

Ryan