[mythtv-users] Lastest SVN: Missing channels, also strange bad frames

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 03:06:15 UTC 2006

On 6/10/06, Brad Templeton <brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:

> So my long process up upgrading to the lastest SVN is almost done, got
> past
> most of the trouble (in some cases without actually doing anything, which
> is always scary.)   Here are some issues left:
>
> Due to new channel handling schemes, and my switch to DVB, I deleted
> and re-added both pvr-250 and pchdtv-3000 (now dvb driver) cards.  The
> latest version has two different approaches for these.   For the OTA
> card, I learned I had to do both a channel scan _and_ an import of the
> channel list from datadirect.   First time I did it it mucked up on
> the KQED (PBS) 5-channel set, not detecting them properly but with future
> passes I seem to have it though now it doesn't record KRON-HD any more,
> but that's not so important.
>
> However, for the pvr-250, you now want to import the channel list from
> datadirect and _not_ do a channel scan.  If you do a channel scan it
> creates
> a whole series of channels marked "Adding Channel nn" and doesn't yet
> remap
> the names.
>
> However, by doing just the import, I find a bunch of channels missing,
> including 68, sci-fi.   This is listed and enabled in my datadirect
> subscription, as are the other missing channels (including vh1, TOON and
> some others.)  These channels are not in the channel table in the
> database,
> not visible in mythweb etc.  Seems to be no way to get them in.

I had a similiar issue, run mythfilldatabase with the --do-channel-updates
flag.  I don't know why the straight import from lineup doesn't work.  I'm
having a problem where my frequencies themselves are getting mucked up.
Channel 2 and channel 50 are both coming in as channel 50.  Other channels
seem fine.  Have no idea what's causing it, I got it to work last night, but
it seems to have screwed up again today.