[mythtv-users] Boleslaw's truncated-delete patch

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Jun 15 18:34:00 UTC 2006

Boleslaw Ciesielski <bolek-mythtv at curl.com> says:
> > 'rm foo' did indeed move foo to cifsxx
>
> So, this confirms that this behavior is not myth specific. I am not
> sure what to do about it though.

As I'm not a coder I can't be of much help with debugging the patch
per se, but I presume your MythTV video files are on a non-network
mount?

apparently the CIFS network mount renames the file if it's deleted
while it's kept open. I'm puzzled as to why, if the mount still
permits actions that take place with the previous name (because the
truncations work), the final close and delete when the stub is below
the truncation threshold doesn't work.

How does your patch perform the truncation?  Would it be possible to,
for example, a) delete the database info (so the program doesn't show
up in MythTV any more), b) truncate the file without renaming or
deleting it in any way, then c) passing it off to the normal delete
code?