[mythtv-users] alsamixer / alsactl not storing settings

Caleb tinwhisker12 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 05:03:41 UTC 2006

I know this has come up a few times on the list and I do apologize ahead of
time to bring it up again but I have exhausted my options.  I have the
latest release of knoppmyth on my box and all is running great except that
alsactrl store will not store the master volume.  When listening to music
and I manually ajust the settings the volume will stay the same as long as I
don't change the song manually or stop and start the music again.  I am not
sure what it going if it is the program reevaluating the volume setttings.
I have run alsactl store and then shutdown the computer and the settings
have stuck until the player is started and then the master volume will drop
back to what is was previously and not what I specified it to be.  I tried
chmoding 777 /var/lib/alsa/asound.state but this is not helping along the
lines I supposed that if I set the sound as the user that was running the
program that didn't work.  I tried shutting down the frontend and opening up
the player separately and trying to set a default volume but noticed that
rightly it is only adjusting the PCM volume.  So my question is how do I get
the master volume to stick?

Thanks ahead of time.

Caleb