[mythtv-users] Ubuntu MythTV Repositories

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at gmx.de
Wed Jun 14 08:34:07 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 09:54:23 +0800, Indulis Bernsteins wrote:
> OK- here are my instructions on how to compile mythtv from scratch for
> Ubuntu (or other debian distros).

Hi,

Christian Marillat makes some great Debian packages of MythTV 0.19,
that use debhelper instead of checkinstall, and also come with sane
postinst scripts. I adopted them for MythTV SVN and created a build
script (build-myth-svn).

All this can be found here:

Not everything is tested (especially some plugins that I don't use),

Building the plugins requires that you already have a package
libmyth-0.19-dev installed.

Regards,
Tino