[mythtv-users] Extremely Good Deal on 2.5" drive

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Tue Jun 13 22:02:15 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 14:52 -0700, Mudit Wahal wrote:
> On 6/13/06, Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com> wrote:

> > both of which are expensive. For the price of the Kurabox, I can get a
> > High End Via EPIA M10K (~USD159) or if a lower spec, even cheaper!
> > (533Mhz @ USD89)
> >
> > Just Add Ram and HD.
> >
> > (actually, that isn't too bad an idea. Geta 533Mhz EPIA, Add in 128MB
> > Ram, 1 PCI SATA/IDE adapter and put it into a casing and hook up 4-6
> > hard drives for NAS)
> >

> How much are the case with power supply for the EPIAs ? Last time I
> checked couple of months back, it was as expensive as the mobo itself.

Mini-ibox sells it as a kit. 800Mhz EPIA - USD158 inclusive of power
supply minus box.

I guess one could fabricate a box. or get a box for
http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/sc.8/category.87/it.A/id.451/.f (USD50)

> Kuro has gigethernet which gives it higher marks.
Oh..

> if Kuro has enough horse power to record stuff over the haupagge USB,
> then its a perfect low power backend.

Actually, I was just thinking of using it as a NAS to serve recorded
content on demand. (meaning, I just turn it on when I need to watch some
programs on _that_ particular HD. This was I save on my MBTF - mean time
between failures)

--
Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com>