[mythtv-users] Frontend / Backend

Magnus Sandin magnus at sandin.cx
Tue Jun 13 20:34:08 UTC 2006

Thank you for the information!

I did a test last weekend but unfortunately I had to rollback to my old
combined backend/frontend machine. However I will give it a new try this
weekend and I can get back with logs then.

The thing that I thought was confusing in the documentation was/is this:
"Configuration of a non-master backend follows the same general
procedure as that of the master backend, with the exception that you
skip over the "Video Sources" step. "

Should you still configure capture cards for the slave/frontend then?

I remember that the frontend was complaining about missing encoder and I
think that the encoder ID was the same as the first available card id (I
have 5 capture cards in my backend).

Regards
// Magnus