[mythtv-users] best wireless controller/gamepad

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Tue Jun 13 15:56:03 UTC 2006

On Sunday 11 June 2006 17:23, John Goulah wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I use mythgame a lot as a frontend to various emulators, mostly fceu.  My
> USB controller (old thrustmaster) works great, but I have been trying to
> reduce all the wires going across the floor.  I recently purchased an older
> Logitech cordless and also a thrustmaster wireless controller both of which
> are giving pretty flaky results.  I'm wondering if anyone out there has
> found a really great wireless usb controller that works perfectly on linux.
> The main problem with mine are that a) not all the buttons configure
> properly, b) buttons configure but game freezes after playing a while, c)
> buttons configure but dont control well (ie. pressing up sometimes makes
> the guy go left, etc). I've tried calibrating the controller but it doesn't
> seem to help much.  Has anyone found a really good controller so I dont
> have to keep buying controller after controller only to find they really
> dont work?
>
> Thanks!
> John

I have an older logitech wireless gamepad, but its definately not perfect.  My
biggest complaints are:

(1) Its hard to get the d-pad to point straight to the side, not diagonally.

(2) Sometimes it seems to get left and right confused.  Makes gaming really
frustrating.

The first issue is definitely a gamepad one.  I don't know of it only happens
to my used unit that I bought off ebay, or if happens to all that type.

The second issue may have something to do with qjoypad, which I use to map
joystick events to keys for many games.

Mark