[mythtv-users] pchdtv cards and cox digital cable.

namuch at namuch.net namuch at namuch.net
Tue Jun 13 14:02:03 UTC 2006

Can anyone with experience using any of the QAM enabled pchdtv cards with
Cox digital cable give me some advice on what you've encountered, what HD
channels you've been able to recieve, etc..

I'm currently using firewire through an SA3250HD, and it's been
problematic at best.  And now it seems that they (cox) have pushed
down a firmware upgrade that has rendered the firewire useless from what I
can tell.

So, I'm thinking about getting  one of the new pchdtv 5500 cards,
since from what I've read on the site it supports QAM and all that good
stuff, but I'd like to know what I'm up against first.

I'm in the Phoenix,AZ area if that makes any difference for cox service.

Many thanks in advance..

=======

=Namuch-Noway
=======