[mythtv-users] Firewire troubles Motorola 6412

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 00:55:32 UTC 2006

On 6/12/06, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:

> This didn't fare any better. The first time I went through this, it
> briefly worked, but the first time I changed the channel in Live TV,
> poof! Back to nothing but empty files again. Even repeating this whole
> procedure again did not work the second time.
>
> --Greg

For what it is worth, I get pretty much the same issues.  Now I can't
even change the channel with the script, after meticulously using the
wiki set-up, so I know I really screwed something up.  Before, it
would always change the channel, and maybe 10-20% of the time actually
be able to get the data from the channel.  Otherwise it would just go
back to the main myth menu screen.  When I would try again, about 25%
of the time it would work, and it seems that % would go up the more I
kept at it, but still about half the time, never get anything.

It just seems to me that firewire capture is not ready for prime-time,
at least with my setup.  I am considering switching boxes or cable
companies to see if other equipment would fare better.