[mythtv-users] Almost there (ATI & GDM issues)

Mickey Chandler mickc at whizardries.com
Mon Jun 12 17:41:40 UTC 2006

Moving MythTV has turned into a huge project.

My box has been upgraded from FC4 to FC5 and I have a new PVR-500
that's in and working.  I guess that means that my PVR-250 had a bad tuner.

So, I'm almost there and the WAF is going to skyrocket with the
addition of the second tuner in the 500.  But first I need to work
out my last two issues:

1) Has anyone gotten TV Out and DRI working with the new livna
ATI-FGLRX drivers?  If so, do you have any hints on how I should go
about it?  I have a CRT hooked up through a KVM switch so I can
handle upgrades and breaks from my desk, but right now, TV Out looks
like horizontal sync is off.

2) When I originally set things up, I used Jarod's guide as a
reference, even though I installed the SVN trunk instead of using
apt-get to get the suite.  One of the things there was how to use gdm
to automatically log in.  That advice seems to no longer be relevant
in FC5.  Now it's starting the automatic login but it's prompting for
a password.  It's not a huge issue since I can use the KVM switch to
get in and enter it manually, but I would like to not need to do that.

--
Mickey Chandler

The speed of time is one second per second.