[mythtv-users] Black and White Capture with VStream XPert

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:00:57 UTC 2006

> If you're using a SCART connector from your source, then it's possible
> that you're unwittingly feeding an S-Video signal (which has separate
> colour information) into your composite input.  This would produce a
> B/W recording.

I'm using a Scart adapter from the back of my VHS player, the scart adapter
has a composite out, I then have a phone lead running from the composite out
to the composite in of the capture card. The scart adapter also has an
S-Video output, so I tried connecting that to the SVideo on the capture
card, and it was still black and white.

I've now tried the Windows software on the windows partition of the
computer, using the composite leads as described above - the result was in
colour! I then rebooted back into Fedora, but the output is still B/W!

Thanks,

Jonny