[mythtv-users] Different channels on two receivers

Konstantinos Stathatos kstathatos at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 08:10:15 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have Myh working with two different Dish Network receivers. One of the
receivers is HD and the other non-HD. The non-HD receiver obviously does
not work with the HD channels. I am trying to find the best way to let
Myth know that so that it does not use the non-HD receiver when tuning
to any of the HD channels. So far I had the following thoughts and
attemped unsuccesfully two of those:

Thought 1: Try to create two different line ups on Zap2It. I failed
because Zap2It did not allow creating different line ups for the same
carrier

Thought 2: Create two sources in Myth assign them to the same line up
and manually remove the HD channels for the source assigned to the
non-HD receiver. That worked fine but only until the following
mythfilldatabase run which re-added the removed channels.

Thought 3: Same a thought 2 but run channel clean up script after each
mythfilldatabase run. I have not tried it, it's "dirty" but I guess I
would work. Would removing the extra channels from the channel table be
enough or would I need to clean programing information as well?

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Kostas