[mythtv-users] select timeout - ivtv driver has stopped

Harald Overas harald.overas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 07:39:08 UTC 2006

Hi

Update 12/6-06 from ivtv-user list
On Saturday 10 June 2006 16:34, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Don't use ivtv-0.7. Use 0.6. I recommend trying the development snapshot
> as it fixes a problem some people have with channel changing. So try 0.6.2CVS or downgrade to ivtv
0.6.1 and the problem is gone (:-)

 I want to inform about my experience with the ivtv 0.6.2 release.  I use
Fedora Core 5 (64 bit version) which I have setup according to Jarod Wilsons
howto. I use the rpm package from Axel Thim. My capture card is a one year
old PVR-350 (PAL version). I use this machine as an mythtbackend and I use
xbmcmythtv on my xbox as a mythfrontend.
For one month since I upgraded the ivtv driver from ivtv 0.6.1 to 0.6.2 on
my Mythtv backend pc using yum install ivtv. Everything was working ok for
me before I do this. After the upgrade the playing of schedule recordings
was working, but I could not change channels in Live TV in mythfrontend or
in xbmcmyth. Everything was freezing and I must shutdown the mythtbackend
pc. When this happens the mythfrontend logs "select timeout - ivtv driver
has stopped responding" . The ivtv dmesg don't have any errors in it. Every
module loads ok before this happens.

I know this is a problem with the ivtv 0.6.2 driver because other people
have this problem as I can read from ivtv mailinglists.
http://ivtvdriver.org/pipermail/ivtv-users/2006-May/002642.html
 . I have tried the newest 0.6.2 cvs (010606), ivtv 0.7 rpm package, using
the correct firmware (http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Firmware), tried to
upgrade to the mythtv 0.19.1 (bugfix release) without luck.
And I have changed the tuner input from tuner 0 to tuner 1 in mythtv-setup.