[mythtv-users] choppy video on mythfrontend along with 90% cpu usage

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 03:14:39 UTC 2006

This seems to be my exact problem. My hardware is marginally different.

My frontend is a P3-866 with 512M ram.
80G hard drive.
GeForce 6200
Hooked to an SD TV 27".

My recorded and live tv shows all have a small stutter about every two
seconds. I had wrote it off to networking issues, but I have a 350M
divx file that I downloaded and even it stutters. It's still
rhythmically at around 2 seconds as well. So I've now wrote off the
networking being the issue, as how hard can it be to shove a 350M
files across a CAT5 network at 100M.

I would now guess it's something with my frontend, and I'll get around
to replacing it soon because I'm working on a new front end in a a
nice case to fit in the tv cabinet.

I'm running FC4 on all my machines and I think even my backend is
running the latest .19 from ATRpms. I try not to mess with it much
because you know what they saw about things that aren't broke...... I
just yummed -y updated the frontend today and it's still the same
issue.

--
-=/>Thom