[mythtv-users] Firewire troubles Motorola 6412

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Jun 12 02:24:12 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 13:36 -0500, Allan Wilson wrote:
>  Let us know how it is going.

Unfortunately, it appears I spoke too soon. The first time I ran the
plugctl script, the firewire worked for a little while. I was able to
get a nonempty file out of test-mpeg2, and one recording I scheduled
through Myth as a test came out well. But when I tried to record the MLB
game on ESPNHD tonight, once again I am back to nothing but empty files.
I have tried rerunning the script several times, and rebooting, and
powering off the cable box, and I am back to square one: nothing but
empty files off the firewire.

--Greg