[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 12 00:21:12 UTC 2006

On 06/10/2006 11:29 AM, Paul Simpson wrote:
> I travel quite a bit by train etc., so I figured I could download
> recordings to the laptop's local drive for off-line viewing on the train
> etc. (When unconnected to any type of network.)
>
> I know myth uses a db to catalog the recordings, so I guess it's just a
> case of copying the file and the relevant db entries?
I considered doing something like that, but after my "transitional"
playback method worked so well, I dropped all plans of trying to get a
full-fledged Myth setup for travel.

I use the mythrename.pl script to create useful names for my recordings
(sorted by original air date so I know the order for playback) and copy
recordings across the network and play them back via xine.  With xine, I
have an easy to use, keyboard accessible player that has timestretch (my
#1 requirement for a player), so it has all the things I need.

Mike