[mythtv-users] Fresh ATRPMS mytfrontend crashing

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 12 00:12:51 UTC 2006

On 06/10/2006 11:00 AM, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>> On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 11:33:46 -0400, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>>
>>>  	Hey all.  The upgrade from knoppmyth 0.18 to FC5+atrpms 0.19 went
>>> fairly well after the DB snafu.  Now, I get mythfrontend crapping out with
>>> this error:
>>>
>>>   mythfrontend: ../../../src/mesa/glapi/glapi.c:341: _glapi_get_dispatch: Assertion `api != ((void *)0)' failed.
>>>
>>>  	I saw one thread on the archives, but no resolution.  Thoughts?
>>>
>> I get this when I watch LiveTV or a recording, exit, and watch LiveTV
>> or recording again.
>>
>> However, it looks like a bug in Mesa.
>  	Yeah, that's what it's looking like.  I was surprised nobody else
> had seen it and/or answered my query.  I was also surprised a week ago
> that a 'yum update' didn't fix it.
>
>  	Any thoughts on how to disable all calls to GL temporarily?  Don't
> know if I should try it via xorg.conf, or if there's a flag in Myth to do
> it.

What about disabling OpenGL sync (in frontend settings under Playback on
the page "General playback"):

Enable OpenGL vertical sync for timing
If it is supported by your hardware/drivers, MythTV will use OpenGL
vertical syncing for video timing, reducing frame jitter.

If using SVN head, you'll also have to make sure you use the QT painter
(in frontend settings under Appearance):

Paint Engine
    Qt
    OpenGL
This selects what Myth uses to draw.  If you have decent hardware,
select OpenGL. Changing this requires a restart.

Mike