[mythtv-users] best wireless controller/gamepad

John Goulah jgoulah at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 20:23:23 UTC 2006

Hi,

 I use mythgame a lot as a frontend to various emulators, mostly fceu.  My
USB controller (old thrustmaster) works great, but I have been trying to
reduce all the wires going across the floor.  I recently purchased an older
Logitech cordless and also a thrustmaster wireless controller both of which
are giving pretty flaky results.  I'm wondering if anyone out there has
found a really great wireless usb controller that works perfectly on linux.
The main problem with mine are that a) not all the buttons configure
properly, b) buttons configure but game freezes after playing a while, c)
buttons configure but dont control well (ie. pressing up sometimes makes the
guy go left, etc). I've tried calibrating the controller but it doesn't seem
to help much.  Has anyone found a really good controller so I dont have to
keep buying controller after controller only to find they really dont work?

Thanks!
John