[mythtv-users] Interlacing issue?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jun 11 10:21:04 UTC 2006

On Jun 11, 2006, at 4:09 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> The picture on my TV after upgrading the nvidia drivers look like
> there's a huge interlacing problem.
> If you check this picture:
> http://hifi-writer.com/blog/graphics/interlace.jpg
>
> it shows exactly what appears on my screen (on a 720p Panasonic
> Projector)
>
> Any ideas what I could do to remove this?
> I've tried all the different options in the MythTV setup, it doesn't
> make much difference :(

Doesn't look like an interlace problem to me, looks like your
vertical rate is way off from what it should be.

This is sort of obvious, so you may have tried it, but if the problem
started after upgrading the nVidia driver have you tried just backing
out of the upgrade ?

But the upgrade shouldn't have done this, I suspect that something
else happened during the process. If a new X config file got created
somehow try going back to the old one, or try creating an X config
from scratch ?

Does a standard monitor look OK ?