[mythtv-users] Sorting in MythMusic

Mark Prinz mprinz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 23:33:03 UTC 2006

I have never been able to get MythMusic to sort correctly. Regardless
of how I set it up, the result is always the first file
alphabetically, and then the subsequent songs sorted in reverse
alphabetical order.

If I turn on ID3 tags and rescan, it seems to appear correctly.
However, my tags are somewhat out of whack.

I have tried with track numbers in the file names, without track
numbers, et cetera. I always rescan to an empty directory and then
rescan to my music directory, but nothing seems to change; it always
appears in MythMusic similar to the example below:

0-AAAAA
0-ZZZZZ
0-YYYYY
0-XXXXX
0-WWWW

For directories that have songs
AAAAA
BBBBB
CCCCC
etc.

OR
0-1-Whatever
0-18-Whatever
0-19-Whatever

For directories that have songs
1-Whatever
2-Whatever
3-Whatever

I have Filename Format set to: ARTIST/ALBUM/TITLE because that is how
I have my directories setup (e.g. /Music/Korn/Follow the
Leader/SONGS).

Any suggestions on what to change?

Thanks.