[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Paul Simpson paul at maggiandpaul.dnsalias.com
Sat Jun 10 15:29:18 UTC 2006

> Brian Wood schreef:
>> You haven't provided many details, like are you talking about HD or
>> SD video, but you could NFS or Samba mount the files from wherever
>> they are stored and play them that way.
> Or better still, depending on the networkspeed and the format, you could
> install the frontend on your laptop and have it connect to the backend.
> For recordings you'd be fine this way, if you want to watch video's as
> well, you need to mount the dir where the video's are stored on your
> laptop.

Sorry, I wan't being clear!

I travel quite a bit by train etc., so I figured I could download
recordings to the laptop's local drive for off-line viewing on the train
etc. (When unconnected to any type of network.)

I know myth uses a db to catalog the recordings, so I guess it's just a
case of copying the file and the relevant db entries?

I intend to install a server as a backend at home and two or three small
front-ends (probably diskless) for viewing around the house (using wired
ethernet.)

--
Paul