[mythtv-users] Fresh ATRPMS mytfrontend crashing

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sat Jun 10 15:00:42 UTC 2006

> On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 11:33:46 -0400, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>>  	Hey all.  The upgrade from knoppmyth 0.18 to FC5+atrpms 0.19 went
>> fairly well after the DB snafu.  Now, I get mythfrontend crapping out with
>> this error:
>>
>>   mythfrontend: ../../../src/mesa/glapi/glapi.c:341: _glapi_get_dispatch: Assertion `api != ((void *)0)' failed.
>>
>>  	I saw one thread on the archives, but no resolution.  Thoughts?
>
> I get this when I watch LiveTV or a recording, exit, and watch LiveTV
> or recording again.
>
> However, it looks like a bug in Mesa.

 	Yeah, that's what it's looking like.  I was surprised nobody else
had seen it and/or answered my query.  I was also surprised a week ago
that a 'yum update' didn't fix it.

 	Any thoughts on how to disable all calls to GL temporarily?  Don't
know if I should try it via xorg.conf, or if there's a flag in Myth to do
it.

 	FYI, it's very repeatable... about every third "watched recording"
I start watching, it barfs and I have to restart the frontend.  Old ATI
video card ('ati' driver... I think Mach64 FWIW).

-Cory