[mythtv-users] [Slightlt OT] Mini-PC capable of playing RMVB files

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jun 9 17:18:07 UTC 2006

On Jun 9, 2006, at 10:57 AM, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> I'm looking to get a small footpint, (mini-pc if you like) that can be
> used for MythTV (frontend) which has enough horses to play the most
> compressed of videos. (AVI/DIVX/XVID/OGG/and most of all RMVB/RM).
>
> Handling Myth's video or just plain Mpeg is OK for any plain mini-pc,
> (i've played with a EPIA MII 1K but that one just stutters when trying
> to play RMVB/RM files and that seriously blows.)
>
> I wonder if those new Intel Viiv chips can handle the task? Anyone has
> any good recommendations etc?

What about the new Intel-based Mac Minis ??

Don't know if anybody has tried a frontend on one of them, but they
would appear to have the raw CPU horsepower.

Don't know how "mini" you want to go, but there are a lot of SFF
cases that will accommodate motherboards with 939 sockets, plenty of
horses available in that package.